The Wicked Imp

The Wicked Imp

Monday, September 27, 2010

THIS QUEER'S THEORY

The very short segment in our textbook did not have much more than the definition of Queer Theory. I found great resources online at the following links:

http://www.colorado.edu/English/courses/ENGL2012Klages/queertheory.html
http://www.artandpopularculture.com/Queer_theory
http://australianhumanitiesreview.org/archive/Issue-Dec-1996/jagose.html

Of course, being “queer” myself, I find points that reflect my experience and some that don’t. I suppose that could be said for every individual in class, regardless of background. Emphasis is on “individual”. We are each unique with different perspectives and experiences that make us who we are. One thing that unites us is that we are all human with flaws and skills. The biggest flaw we may possess is not accepting others and ourselves as we are. Another link is that we all want to learn more about ourselves and others as evidenced by our participation in this course on Human Sexuality.

No comments:

Post a Comment